by OCF Home Office
The North American AMCF Week of Prayer runs through 28 January, and all OCF members and local fellowships are encouraged to come together in a concert of prayer for military personnel, veterans, and their families.
OCF is a participating member of the Association of Military Christian Fellowships (AMCF), which includes the North American region of the U.S., Caribbean, and Canada. These are the specific daily prayers:
Sunday, 22 January—Heavenly Father, we ask Your special guidance this week in mobilizing our nations to build a “Wall of Prayer” around our military forces, their leaders, our veterans, and their families.
Monday, 23 January—Lord Jehovah, help us become transformed by the renewing of our minds, so that we can know how to bring the Good News of Jesus Christ to those who strive against us.
Tuesday, 24 January—Gracious Lord, you know the desperate needs of military chaplains across the North American region. Fill them with your Holy Spirit as they preach the good news of Jesus Christ, and help them provide godly counsel to those who seek it.
Wednesday, 25 January—Lord of grace and mercy, we ask Your blessing on the various agencies that minister to and care for warriors wounded in body and spirit by their combat experiences.
Thursday, 26 January—Jehovah Rapha, You are the great healer. Touch veterans suffering from both physical and spiritual trauma, comfort them in their afflictions, and give them the resources they need to heal their wounds.
Friday, 27 January—Jehovah Jireh, You are the source of all wisdom and provision. Guide and sustain military ministries across the region as they minister to military families, and encourage churches to join in ministry with them.
Saturday, 28 January—Lord of Hosts, help military Christians across the region to live out Your great commandment, love You with all our heart, soul, and mind, and to love our neighbors as ourselves.
In addition to the specific requests above, ask the Lord in prayer for these things:
- The transformation of individuals, chaplains, military Christian fellowships, and the world. Ask God to show us how we can be “transformed by the renewing of our minds . . . [so we] will be able to test and approve what God’s will is-His good, pleasing, and perfect will” (Rom. 12:2).
- The desperate situations facing military families and veterans. Ask the Lord to show us how we can best minister to their needs.
- The increase of crime in the Caribbean nations. Ask God’s divine protection for military and law enforcement officers and their families as they serve Him.
- The search committee at the Military Ministry of Campus Crusade for Christ. Ask for God’s wisdom as they evaluate executive director candidates. Pray for the interim director and staff of this ministry as they faithfully serve military families.
- Fifty-nine nations of the world do not have an established MCF to pray for and witness Christ to the military members of those nations. Ask God for doors to be opened to our Christian brothers and sisters in those countries who would partner with us in extending the Kingdom of God.
- Finally, pray for our enemies. Ask the Lord to show us how we can begin to minister to them in the matchless love of Christ.