OCF will hold its third ministry-wide day of prayer on 9 April in advance of the OCF Spring Council meeting at White Sulphur Springs. We believe strongly that God has blessed our ministry because of our commitment to seeking His guidance in prayer.
Here’s what you need to know. We’re asking all fellowships and members to participate through prayer during their regularly scheduled Bible studies the week of 6-13 April.
Following our traditional OCF model of Pray, Discover and Obey, we’re asking members and friends to join in prayer and fasting to lift up the ministry of OCF and seek the Holy Spirit’s power and guidance. He has blessed us in the past and we trust Him for continued guidance. We also ask all of our members to take the time to reaffirm their statement of faith as a wonderful reminder of who we are in Christ as the body of OCF.
Pray, Discover and Obey is the format your OCF Council has followed over the years. The Council often prays this way before Council meetings.
To help jump start your prayer time, you may want to use the simple, yet time-honored ACTS method:
- Adoration may include singing and reading Scripture passages of praise as well as silent and vocal praise and adoration.
- Confession (and Repentance) is a time to examine our hearts silently, as well as a time for collective repentance. Psalm 51 is one of many biblical passages that can be used for personal meditation during this time.
- Thanksgiving is a time to express gratefulness and joy for all God has done in our lives, and for His ongoing presence with us.
- Supplication involves praying for others (intercession) and special needs and requests.
During this time, please pray for:
- Our nation, and national and local leaders.
- Military and their families.
- Your OCF Council during its spring meetings this week.
- The field staff and home office teams.
- The members in our OCF local fellowships.
- The Lord’s wisdom and grace as we seek to glorify God through our fellowships and outreach and are able to equip and encourage our members to be more effective ministering throughout the military society.
- The Lord’s blessings on our ministry at the academies, education centers, regional locations, and conference centers.
- Upcoming summer programs at Spring Canyon and White Sulphur Springs.
- The Growing & Building Campaign as we complete Fort Shine Lodge. Praise God for His faithfulness!
- The Memorial Day dedication of Fort Shine Lodge.
Suggested Bible verses about the power of prayer
- Psalm 107:28–30
- Matthew 7:7
- Matthew 21:22
- Mark 11:24
- John 14:13–14
- Mark 9:29
- Acts 9:40
- James 5:14–16
- Ephesians 6:18
- Philippians 4:6–7
Let us hear from you
- We would like to hear how the Lord might be leading and speaking as a result of your faithfulness in prayer and fasting. He may be leading you to:
- Volunteer in your local OCF group, the home office, at Spring Canyon or White Sulphur Springs, or in a military ministry in your local chapel or church.
- Reach out to service men and women and their families.
- Commit to regular prayer for OCF and the Growing & Building Campaign.
- Attend one of the many exciting programs at the OCF Conference Centers!
- Start or lead an OCF Bible Study.
- Help out OCF financially, or make it possible for someone else to attend a cadet retreat, family camp, youth program, church or chapel retreat or leadership training like Anchor Points or Rocky Mountain High.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a significant day in the life of OCF and we thank you for your joining with us.