OCF Council Elections Now Underway
Vote for Class of 2014
OCF Council elections are now underway at the OCF website until 16 September. Eligible OCF members are encouraged to exercise their right to vote for the Class of 2014 and also on a proposed change to the OCF Constitution.
- Voting runs 1 August-16 September
- Members qualified to vote will need their voting ID (your OCF member number--found on the COMMAND address label) and your voting password (your zip code).
- Members who cannot/prefer not to vote online may request a hard copy ballot from Susan Wallis at the OCF home office, 800-424-1984.
- Vote for as many as five candidates.
- Vote Yes or No for the proposed OCF Constitution change. At the spring council meeting in April, the Council passed the following motion to amend the Constitution:
Motion: That the following amendment to the OCF Constitution be submitted to the membership for approval:
"Replace the current OCF Statement of Participation with the following language (changes to current statement indicated by bold underline):
'I am committed to the Purpose of OCF: to glorify God by uniting Christian officers for biblical fellowship and outreach, equipping and encouraging them to minister effectively in the military society. As an expression of my commitment to the Lord Jesus Christ and to His work in the military society, I will participate actively and prayerfully in the ministry of OCF with my time, talents, spiritual gifts, and financial resources. I further commit, by God's grace, to live my life as an example consistent with biblical guidelines.'"
This change to OCF's Statement of Participation, contained in Article V of the OCF Constitution, reaffirms OCF's commitment to minister to the entire military society and ensures we OCF members live our lives consistent with biblical guidelines, so as to reflect Christ in every aspect of our life and be effective witnesses for Him.