Date Posted: 03/01/2018
Represent and conduct the ministry of OCF in accordance with the OCF Vision, Mission, and Strategic Framework as directed by the Executive Director or his designated representative.
Reports To: Director of Field Operations
The OCF Field Staff Representative is responsible for the OCF fellowship at Fort Leavenworth. The OCF Field Staff Representative establishes enduring robust ministry programs and forms and sustains local ministry teams in order to execute Christ-centered ministries of outreach, service, and growth throughout the Fort Leavenworth population and to continue with follow-on service in the operational military. The primary focus is on the mid-grade active duty military and families of the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College and tenant organizations of Fort Leavenworth.
Specific responsibilities of this position are as follows:
- Evangelize, encourage, and equip military leaders in order to develop their personal relationship with the Lord, Jesus Christ.
- Equip and encourage military leaders to fully integrate their faith and profession to grow and serve as effective Christians in their local ministry with the goal of sending out Christ-like leaders engaged in the OCF mission in assignments worldwide.
- Encourage OCF membership, participation and assumption of stewardship responsibility for the ministry.
- Develop, sustain, and lead a ministry team of members to provide comprehensive and installation-wide ministries of outreach, growth, and service.
- Coordinate the actions of the OCF Fort Leavenworth ministry team with the leaders of the Command Religious Program and other agencies as needed. Provide spiritual and personal support to chaplains and chapel programs.Assist Chaplains (as permitted) as the Chapels’ community coordinator of lay and discipleship ministries.
- Connect departing members with their gaining installation’s OCF in order to promote their continuing service and growth.
- Integrate the local OCF ministry with the greater OCF ministry continuum including OCF conference centers, OCF field staff, and national OCF programs and initiatives.
- Develop an annual ministry plan and budget and fundraise the resources to execute this plan via the budget.
- Support local OCF leaders at other bases or posts as assigned by the Director of Field Operations.
Serves at Fort Leavenworth and resides in the vicinity of Fort Leavenworth, KS. This is a full-time, exempt position and the working hours required will be as necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the ministry. Travel for ministry, council meetings and staff conferences, is required.
To apply or for more information: email@example.com or call 303-761-1984