Job opening at White Sulphur Springs
Youth Programs Coordinator
White Sulphur Springs, a ministry of Officers' Christian Fellowship, is announcing a full-time staff position as the White Sulphur Springs Youth Programs Coordinator, with a start date of 15 May 2017.
The Youth Programs Coordinator develops, promotes, and conducts youth programs and activities at White Sulphur Springs that draw guests closer to Jesus Christ and make an impact on the way they live for Him. Specifically, the Youth Programs Coordinator is responsible for Camp Caleb, Allegheny Outback!, and our Junior AO! Weekends. Additionally, the Youth Programs Coordinator will serve as an assistant to the EXSEL Discipleship Program Director in running the EXSEL program, with duties involving administrative support, marketing, teaching and discipleship of the interns in the EXSEL program. As part of the year-round full-time ministry team, the Youth Programs Coordinator will live in housing on WSS property, provided by the ministry.
White Sulphur Springs is a retreat and conference center in Manns Choice, PA, about 3 hours northwest of the National Capital Region. Since 1978, White Sulphur Springs has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups as a “home away from home” where they have been blessed, refreshed and encouraged in their Christian walk. White Sulphur Springs includes nearly 1,100 acres of rolling hills and pasture land in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains and is a Christ-centered retreat center, set apart where the military community and other groups and individuals can draw aside to encounter God. When guests depart White Sulphur Springs, our hope and desire is that they are blessed, refreshed, equipped, and inspired to serve as ambassadors of Jesus Christ, wherever the Lord sends them.
What are we looking for?
- That a clear sense of God's calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process. This is the preeminent criteria and trumps all else below.
- A demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the WSS ministry effort. A passion to use the outdoor environment to facilitate ministry and sharing the Gospel.
- Ideally, but not essentially, someone with a history in OCF and WSS or other Christian camping/conference center ministry experience.
- A college graduate with 1-5 years of work experience.
- Demonstrated experience in conducting and supervising outdoor adventure activities, including: rock climbing, rappelling, whitewater rafting and canoeing, high & low ropes courses, hiking, backpacking, as well as archery and riflery.
- Wilderness First Responder certification a plus, or desire and ability to obtain the certification within first 6 months of employment.
- Ability and desire to relate-to the younger generation (14-24) and facilitate discussions, conduct devotionals, lead prayer and provide classroom instruction.
- Available to start on or about 15 May 2017 and the ability to work for ministry-level compensation.
- A reasonable expectation that the applicant can and will serve for 3-5 years.
If you are interested in this opportunity, email WSS Center Director Paul Robyn or WSS Office Manager Susanne Hartkop or call 814-623-5583 for further information and an application. Completed applications must be received NLT 31 Jan 2017.