Join a Fellowship Group
The heart of the ministry is the local OCF fellowship.
OCF maintains an extensive network of small groups throughout the military society that provide:
- Opportunities for fellowship, prayer, and mutual encouragement of military believers.
- Opportunities to study and apply biblical truths in personal, family, professional, and ministry activities and relationships.
- Opportunities to envision and conduct Spirit-led activities to encourage other believers to live boldly for Christ in the military and to proclaim the Good News to unbelievers in that society.
Why is fellowship group involvement important?
When you arrive at your assignment, promptly find a Christian small group fellowship. If there is no small group fellowship, start one. The Word of God is clear: We aren't meant to go it alone. Here are three scriptures that bear out this message:
- Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, "Two are better than one because they have a good reward for their efforts. For if either falls, his companion can lift him up; but pity the one who falls without another to lift him up."
- Proverbs 27:17, "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."
- Galatians 6:2, "Carry one another’s burdens; in this way you will fulfill the law of Christ."