OCF Hampton Roads Region
CDR Clay and Marty Thomas, USN (Ret.)
The Thomases served in the U.S. Navy for 21 years, then as directors of White Sulphur Springs, OCF’s eastern camp/conference center. They retired in 2014 and moved back to the HRR where they had once been stationed for two tours in the navy. They have four adult children and 14 grandchildren and enjoy music, golf and travelling.
Clay and Marty now serve as associate field staff for the huge Tidewater region of Virginia which includes the cities of Williamsburg, Yorktown, Hampton, Newport News, Norfolk, VA Beach, Portsmouth, Suffolk and Chesapeake.
The bases and posts in the HRR include Ft. Eustis, Naval Weapons Station Yorktown, Langley Air Force Base, Newport News Shipbuilding, Naval Station Norfolk, Naval Support Activity Hampton Roads, Joint Forces Staff College, Joint Expeditionary Base Little Creek/Ft. Story, Naval Air Station Oceana, Dam Neck Annex, US Coast Guard Base Portsmouth and numerous other tenant commands of all five services.
Our vision for OCF HRR: (1) to develop and sustain OCF local fellowships at or near the major bases and commands, (2) to encourage and equip Christian military members through interactive Bible study, authentic fellowship, prayer, personal ministries and special events, and (3) to engage them to live for Christ and be His ambassadors among the military culture where they are called.
- Local Bible study groups (on-base, in town, chapel-sponsored, workplace)
- Leader Pray-Discover-Obey (PDO) sessions
- Annual picnic
- Beach potlucks/Pool parties
- Local Conferences
Contact us to find support or get involved:
- Tel: (757) 548-3780 H, (814) 585-4666 Cell
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: 702 Firethorn Rd. Chesapeake, VA 23320
- Dr. Sam and Dianne Tate, Email: email@example.com
- LtCol Chris and Deborah Holinger, Email: tidewaterOCF@hotmail.com