Here are four ways you can pray over chaplains by praying the prayers of Colossians 1:9-12, Ephesians 1:15-19, and Ephesians 6:19-20.
- Pray for chaplains to faithfully minister God’s Word.
- Pray for chaplains to be honest with where they are in their spiritual journey.
- Pray for spiritual protection for chaplains–the enemy of our souls seeks to destroy each one if given the opportunity.
- Pray that each chaplain’s relationship with God will be what it should be.
- Pray for chaplains to have a strong prayer life and the ability to talk deeply, honestly, and confidently with God.
- Pray for each chaplain to read and study the Bible. Pray that the Holy Spirit will lead each one to a high view of Scripture—inerrant and infallible.
- All warriors will be touched by the loss of a comrade-pray for chaplains to find strength in the Lord when they are hurt (spiritually, emotionally, psychologically, and physically).
- Pray for chaplains to have opportunities to be relevant, that their faith would be apparent, and for witnessing opportunities to come about naturally.
- Pray for chaplains to hold themselves accountable to other Christians in order to avoid temptation-including the scourge of pornographic material.
- Pray for every chaplain to participate in a local Bible study with other Christians-where he/she is not always leading.
- Pray for chaplains to have the ability to focus on the needs of others.
- Pray for all chaplains who are married to reflect Christ in that relationship.
- Pray that chaplains will be able to keep a spirit of thankfulness and praise.
- Pray for the chaplains you know by name-especially whenever you are gathered with other believers for study and prayer.
- There is a measure of “social work” required of chaplains. Pray for all of their work to honor God-not just those things that bring people to chapel.
- Pray for deployed chaplains to grasp at the deepest level that God is sending them downrange for a purpose. Pray for them to be open to His leading in their lives.
- Pray for chaplains to have favor in their chain of command.
- Pray for chaplains as they do spiritual warfare in places others can’t go.
- The chaplaincy can be one of the loneliest positions in a unit. Pray for a strong Christian friend to come alongside each chaplain.