Last Updated on April 13, 2023 by OCF Communications
Episode 43 show notes
Have you ever thought about what it means to be a good steward of your time? Maybe you can recall getting to the end of a day and thinking, “Why did I waste so much time?” Joining me on the show to talk about time stewardship is LTC Gil Jacobs, USA (Ret.). He was also my guest back in episode 18, when we talked about transformational leadership. Today, LTC Jacobs and I will talk about his new book called “Time for Christ.”
LTC Jacobs has given me three copies of “Time For Christ” to give away for free. If you’d like to be entered for a chance to win one of the copies, send an email to [email protected] and mention “Time For Christ book giveaway” in the subject line. Deadline to enter is 30 September. Winners will be selected and notified by 4 October.
What we talked about
Here are a few of the questions LTC Jacobs and I discussed:
- What led you to write the book?
- What does stewarding your time look like? Why is it important to be good stewards of our time?
- Talk more about the 7 ways of time stewardship that you wrote about:
- Spend time with God.
- Our time should demonstrate a love for other people.
- Be a good steward and enjoy what God has given you.
- Be trustworthy with your little portions of time.
- Count the cost.
- Live in harmony with God’s plan.
- Rest, and remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.
- There’s a good leadership principle you write about that is centered on Proverbs 27:23. What does this look like for military leaders?
- The Stewardship Model: what is it and how might leaders use it?
- From principle 5, Count the cost: “Can you afford to add a new activity or commitment to your day?” How can we determine when it’s appropriate to take on new tasks or activities? How can we best determine when to eliminate something from our list, or learn to just say no?
- If listeners took away only one thing from our conversation today, what would you hope it would be?
Leave A Comment