About this session
This session addresses the critical role of Christ-followers in the community and in their personal relationships with others. It starts with the truth that our Triune God has been in perfect relationship through eternity and chose to invite His created beings into relationship with Him and with each other. The session then addresses living our faith in the community of believers, with other believers in intimate and serving relationships, in service and witness to others within the community, and as citizens in our form of government. The main point to be captured through this session is: Our faith is lived out in relationships and within the larger community.
This domain is further divided into the following subdomains.
- Embracing the Culture: While we must live in the world, we remember that we are not of this world. We interact with the world so that through our words and deeds we may lead others to Christ
- Leading Biblical Fellowships: Techniques and encouragement for forming, leading, and sustaining a Bible-focused fellowship.
- Mentoring and Discipling Others: Ideas and approaches to mentoring and discipling others in the environment of the military.
- Small Groups: Benefits and responsibilities of developing strong relationships through small group participation.
- Supporting the Chaplaincy: Encourage and support the local chaplain and Christian chapel program.
Watch the video presentation for this session first. You can also download a copy of the video and a PDF of the narrative for the video. After completing the video, scroll down to “Go Deeper on These Topics” section to further explore the subdomains tied to this domain.
Go deeper on these topics
We’ve assembled an assortment of resources to help you enrich your study of Faith & Community and Relationships. Select from among these subdomains to explore further.
Questions? Comments? Feedback?
We want your suggestions for improving the process and format. In turn we’ll keep you advised of changes, as well as new and significant additions and capabilities. Just click the button and fill out our short form.