Date Posted: 07/18/2019
OCF’s accounts payable function is primarily paperless, with invoices and reimbursement requests received, approved, and filed in OCF’s cloud-based accounting system. The accounts payable specialist processes invoices from vendors and reimbursement requests from employees in a timely and accurate manner, and serves as a member of the Home Office Finance team and works towards the mission and vision of OCF in a Christ-honoring, cohesive team.
Reports To: Lauren Linscott
- Receive invoices from vendors and reimbursement requests from OCF staff. Convert to electronic format. Route for proper approval and accounting code.
- Manage credit card charge documentation, approval, payment, and account coding. Ensure that accounting system records accurately each charge incurred and that documentation for each charge is on file. Ensure that charges are proper ministry expenses and adequately explained.
- Enter approved payables into Financial Edge for processing. Prepare a listing of payables, along with supporting documents, to the Director of Finance for review.
- Prepare accounts payable checks for signature and mailing.
- Record bank drafts and direct debits on Financial Edge. Facilitate the set-up of electronic fund transfers (EFTs).
- Obtain W-9 Forms from independent contractors. File electronically and record EIN on Financial Edge.
- With the help of the Director of Finance and the Assistant Director of Finance, facilitate the consolidation of the accounts payable processes from various OCF sites to the home office. Assist in the training of Expense Management software with OCF staff.
- Assist the Finance Team with preparation for the annual audit.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position is performed at the OCF Home Office, although work-from-home options are negotiable. It is a part-time, non-exempt position. Normal working hours consist of four, five-hour workdays per week, although schedule variations are allowed with advance approval. Must be able to handle mid-level stress. Requires sitting for long periods of time. Requires regular use of stairs. Requires reaching continually throughout the workday (mouse, keyboard, telephone). May include lifting up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Proper lifting techniques required. Travel outside the Home Office is rarely required.
To apply or for more information: email@example.com or call 303-761-1984