Date Posted: 12/14/2021
The Spring Canyon Facilities and Maintenance Manager supervises the Maintenance Assistants, summer staff and volunteers; and is responsible for all facilities, grounds and maintenance areas. The Manager plans, prioritizes, delegates, participates, supervises, inspects, and documents the work of maintenance and improvements for facilities, vehicles and grounds in a manner that provides a safe and comfortable environment for all staff and guests. The Manager participates in the preparation and administration of the facility maintenance budget, and facilitates planning meetings with all directors to prioritize and execute corrective maintenance and minor construction projects. The Manager develops and organizes preventive maintenance and safety inspection programs. The Manager serves as the Drinking Water and Wastewater Treatment Plant and Distribution/Collection System Operator, and ensures Spring Canyon complies with all state and federal regulations and is prepared for all inspections. This position requires a good working knowledge in several skill fields, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, carpentry and vehicle maintenance. The duties of this position are approximately 60% hands-on maintenance and construction and 40% administration.
Spring Canyon is a retreat and conference center in Buena Vista, CO, about 120 miles west of Colorado Springs. Since 1962, Spring Canyon has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups from across the world as a “home away from home” for community and fellowship. It is nestled in the beautiful Collegiate Peaks on the edge of the famous Arkansas River Valley, and is a Christ-centered sanctuary for military families, groups and individuals, where the presence of God transforms lives. When guests drive down from the mountain after a retreat, our desire is that they are refreshed, equipped, and inspired to serve in the name of Jesus Christ, wherever God has called them.
Reports To: Todd Plotner, Director of Operations
What are we looking for?
- That a clear sense of God’s calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process. This is the preeminent criteria and trumps all else below.
- A demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the Spring Canyon ministry. A passion to minister (possibly at all hours of the day) to guests through fixing broken “things,” facilities construction and renovation, equipment repair, plowing/shoveling snow, being a jack-of-all-trades, etc.
- Ideally, but not essentially, someone transitioned or retired from military service, with a strong and current professional and spiritual reputation.
- Ideally, but not essentially, someone with a history in OCF and Spring Canyon or Christian camping/conference center ministry experience and leadership.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in engineering, construction, or related fields; or 10 years of experience in similar work including supervision of skilled and unskilled labor and 5 years of managerial experience.
- Demonstrated capability in all areas of maintenance/grounds, facilities construction and renovations, vehicle/equipment repairs, etc.
- Colorado Class S Water and Wastewater Professional certifications are a big plus. It is expected that the Manager will obtain both certifications within the first six months of employment.
- View service at Spring Canyon as a ministry calling rather than just a job. Be totally invested in the vision and mission of OCF and Spring Canyon, and serve with a whole heart (1 Sam 12:24 and Col 3:23-24).
- Available soonest, but no later than 1 May 2022; financial freedom to work for ministry-level compensation, and a workable family situation.
- A reasonable expectation that the applicant can and will serve for at least 3-5 years.
This is a regular, full-time, overtime-exempt position. IAW COMPS #38, effective January 1, 2022, the annual salary will be $39,800. The benefits of this position include housing for the employee and dependent family members on conference center property. It is anticipated that the employee will live on conference center property due to the on-call nature of this position as well as the relatively high cost of housing in the local area. Additionally, meals are often available to the employee and dependent family members, when Spring Canyon is serving programs and retreats – although Spring Canyon does not guarantee the availability of meals.
Contact Todd Plotner for complete job description.
The deadline for applications will be January 22, 2022. Spring Canyon’s goal is to complete interviews and selection by the end of February.
To apply or for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org or call 719-395-2328