Date Posted: 05/05/2022
Represent and conduct the ministry of White Sulphur Springs in accordance with the Officers’ Christian Fellowship (OCF) and WSS Ministry Plan through bookkeeping and financial accountability or as directed by the Center Director or his designated representative. Assists in conducting programs and activities at WSS that draw guests closer to Jesus Christ and make an impact on the way they live for Him. Help ensure that WSS is a place where members and guests of OCF are emboldened in their faith and walk, equipped to live out their faith and run their race, encouraged along the entire course of their race, and engaged in their calling as they live out their lives.
Reports To: Paul Robyn, Center Director, White Sulphur Springs in consultation with and the OCF Director of Finance, David Punt.
- Live faithfully as a disciple of Jesus Christ and in obedience to God’s Word. Subscribe to the OCF Statement of Faith and Biblical Guidelines for Member and Leader Conduct without reservation.
Support all of WSS’ ministry activities with bookkeeping and financial management tasks.
- Accounting—Maintain knowledge of bookkeeping and generally accepted accounting principles. Responsible for the collection, processing and output of timely and accurate financial information, related to all facets of WSS operations. Below are key responsibilities (not an exclusive list):
- Primary management of General Ledger all financial transactions and business services for WSS.
- Complete all financial reporting to OCF Home Office.
- Maintain a solid understanding of accounting concepts, with ability to capture transactions, process information, and produce reports for both routine and non-routine camp activity.
- Complete bank reconciliations for all depository accounts
- Reconcile all balance sheet accounts; reviewing for input accuracy and prepare monthly reports and journal entries, as needed
- Review Sales Tax reporting and payments
- Maintain required business documents and maintain financial document retention files
- Payroll: Manage and coordinate staff paperwork for payroll coordination and reporting to HO.
- Prepare monthly payroll inputs and time sheet approvals
- Provide to Home Office information for annual 1099’s
- Revenue and Donations: Review and Approve preparation in GL by Asst
- Deposit and cash reports
- Input Contributions and Online giving transactions into Raiser’s Edge batches and post transfer to Financial Edge. Prepare appropriate batches for Donation receipting.
- Full cycle Accounts Receivable, including preparation of invoices and maintaining customer and vendor records.
- Maintaining Advanced Registrations and revenue recognition in GL.
- Accounts Payable: Review and Approve input and GL by the Assistant:
- Purchase orders and vendor records maintenance
- New vendor setup and maintenance
- Vendor statement reconciliation and discrepancies
- Prepare and/or review of all expense reports (and credit card reconciliation) for accuracy and proper expense disclosure
- Budget and Forecasting
- Assist the OCF Director in financial forecasting and provide decision-quality financial information to determine areas like future revenue and expenses through to the end of the year.
- Assist the Director with the annual budget and audit process
- Metrics–Track designated metrics.
Knowledge, skills and experience required:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Prefer Accounting degree or minor
- 3-5 years of experience in accounting/bookkeeping, with emphasis on General ledger. Nonprofit accounting preferred.
- Experience with Accounting programs, preferably with web-based GL and reporting. Prefer Proficiency with Financial Edge and Raiser’s Edge
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software programs to include: Office 365, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Spiritually mature, able to help set the overall spiritual climate at WSS.
- Prefer experience in and knowledge of the military community and strong ability to interact and relate with all members of the military (active, retired, family members, Guard/Reserve, former, and all services).
- Commitment to the mission, vision, and values of White Sulphur Springs and OCF.
Serves at WSS and resides in the vicinity of Manns Choice, PA. This is a regular, part-time (future full-time may be a possibility), salaried position. Due to the nature of Conference Center ministry this position may be required to work irregular hours in order to meet guest needs. Occasional out-of-town and some local travel is required.
To apply or for more information: [email protected] or call 814-623-5583