Last Updated on January 6, 2023 by OCF Communications
Date Posted: 01/05/2023
This job requires conducting and coordinating the necessary sales, marketing, and communications activities to ensure a full retreat/event schedule that maximizes use of Heritage House and Harrison House throughout the year. This person will manage all sales, marketing & communications efforts for OCF’s White Sulphur Springs to further the mission and vision of the ministry by finding and recruiting new retreat groups, managing the design, creation, and execution of marketing and communication materials for WSS’ various external audiences (program guests, retreat groups, etc.). Additionally, this person manages the use of WSS branding and messaging with program guests, retreat groups, and other external audiences.
White Sulphur Springs is a retreat and conference center in Manns Choice, PA, about 3 hours northwest of the National Capital Region. Since 1978, White Sulphur Springs has served military families, couples, singles, and Christian groups as a “home away from home” where they have been blessed, refreshed and encouraged in their Christian walk. White Sulphur Springs includes nearly 1100 acres of rolling hills and pastureland in the beautiful Allegheny Mountains and is a Christ-centered retreat center, set apart where military leaders, families and other groups can draw aside to encounter God. When guests depart White Sulphur Springs, our desire is that they are refreshed and equipped to serve the Lord more effectively and positively impact the military community for Christ.
Reports To: Director of Operations
- Support the WSS Center Director and the ministry of the Officers’ Christian Fellowship, helping to provide a safe place for military members, their families, and other guests to find spiritual and physical refreshment, grow in Christ’s likeness, experience fellowship with the larger family of God and become equipped for service, witness, and leadership in their military calling. Represent Jesus Christ, OCF and the WSS Center Director in all communications by phone, email, regular mail, or personal contact.
- Fill “open” weekends on the WSS operations calendar by selling WSS to potential retreat groups. Conduct research, marketing, and communications with potential retreat groups with specific goals of increasing annual revenue and expanding usage of Harrison House.
- Once a retreat group is ready for contracting, coordinate hand-off of that group to the WSS Programs Director for contracting and management of that group/event through execution.
- Serve as a liaison between WSS, OCF Home Office and Spring Canyon to brainstorm retreat booking strategies, coordinate marketing calendars, ensure clear communication on OCF’s behalf regarding programs and services for creation of deliverables.
- Develop and consistently implement WSS and OCF branding guidelines in all deliverables (flyers, graphics, emails, brochures, booklets) to create a cohesive image that aids brand awareness, in coordination with the OCF Director of Communications.
- Consult social media (Facebook, Instagram) strategy and content creation, ensure authentic, consistent content to increase audience engagement; monitor and analyze metrics of social media platforms to create and maintain strategic social media schedule.
- Directly run WSS’s Instagram platform.
- Manage photo storage and usage to ensure photos selected for public use represent the WSS environment and experience.
- Implement email marketing strategies through Constant Contact email blasts and newsletters, utilizing industry strategies to communicate messages clearly and make messages more easily digestible for recipients.
- Maintain the WSS website as an ongoing project in cooperation and coordination with the OCF Director of Communications and the WSS Director of Hospitality, routinely implementing updates to improve the consumer experience as one of WSS’ main means of communication with external audiences.
- Establish and execute marketing calendar in coordination and cooperation with WSS Director of Hospitality, and Programs Director and OCF Director of Communications.
- Collaborate with WSS team members to identify internal and external communications opportunities and solutions.
- Copyedit large-scale publications and coordinate with OCF Director of Communications in the development of WSS print materials.
- Assess means of communication and marketing found on-property (i.e., bulletin boards, signage, brochure holders) to improve the guest experience upon arrival.
- When applicable, guide EXSEL intern and/or summer staffers in marketing-related roles, and support communications-related training sessions for EXSEL.
- Through research, keep tabs on standards and innovations within the communications industry in pursuit of better serving our audiences through proven methods.
- Assist with general support tasks during WSS retreats and events as assigned (i.e., meal prep and clean-up, room turnovers, etc.).
What are we looking for?
- That a clear sense of God’s calling to this specific and sacrificial work will become manifest through the hiring process.
- Demonstrated strong and growing Christian faith and desire to be part of the OCF/WSS ministry to the military community.
- College graduate with 1 – 3 years of work experience. Experience in sales and/or marketing is desired.
- Ideally, someone with a history in OCF and WSS. Most desirable is for someone that is familiar with ministry in a military environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent “people skills”; comfortable with sales and meeting/communicating with new people regularly.
- As an additional duty area, having knowledge, experience with the ability to provide IT support is a plus.
- Available to start on or about 1 May 2023 (earlier would be a plus) and the ability to work for ministry-level compensation.
- Reasonable expectation that the applicant can and will serve for 2 – 4 years.
This position and opportunity should be viewed as a calling to serve and be part of the WSS ministry, not just another job. This is a full-time, benefit eligible, non-exempt position. Working hours are 0830-1730 (including 1 hour lunch break) on weekdays. The work week will vary between Mon – Fri or Tues – Sat. Occasional work on Sundays may be required.
If you are interested in this opportunity, contact the WSS Center Director Paul Robyn, [email protected] or the WSS Director of Hospitality, Susanne Hartkop, [email protected] or 814-623-5583, for further information and an application.
Completed applications must be received NLT 15 Feb 2023.
To apply or for more information: [email protected] or call 814-623-5583