Location: Where God has placed you
More about the volunteer opportunity:
The Local Leader (LL) of an OCF fellowship will start, sustain, and hand off the baton of leadership for a specific OCF fellowship body. A LL should seek to live faithfully before the face of God using all of Scripture as our guide, but we can look at passages such as Titus 1:5-9; 2:2 (men), and Titus 2:3-5 (women) for specifics.
- Lead a gathering of the military community to study the Scripture and join in prayer.
- Stay in communication with local participants (message, email, voice, personal visit, mail). Build relationships.
- Welcome new arrivals, TDY personnel, and those who just discovered that OCF exists.
- Build relationships with the chaplain(s) and the chaplain team.
- Communicate with the OCF Home Office by sharing prayer requests, moves, rank changes, etc.
- Promote events and conferences of the larger OCF, especially retreats and gatherings at OCF’s White Sulphur Springs (Pennsylvania) and Spring Canyon (Colorado) Conference Centers.
- Develop an understanding of why OCF has membership, then help others think through and pray about joining OCF. Learn how OCF funds its various ministries and maintains financial integrity. Encourage the local body to participate in military ministry by worshipfully sharing a portion of their monthly offerings with OCF.
- Help connect TDY, deploying, and PCS’ing personnel to OCF leaders, contacts, hospitality homes.
- Notify the Member Care team when an OCF Directory update is needed.
- Pray for, and act on, the opportunity to develop the next L/L, ensuring a handoff when you depart.
Point of Contact: Hous Waring
To apply or for more information: