by Jim Wilson
There are a number of weapons and tactics in Spiritual Warfare. Some are:
1. The objective. God’s objective was the salvation of the world. In history He assigned subordinate objectives to the prophets. Each’s objective was a part of the whole. After the war had been going on for thousands of years, God produced the decisive person, place, action, and time: Jesus Christ, the same yesterday, today and forever. God accomplished His purpose.
2. Since that time, the enemy of our souls has been severely handicapped: his power is limited, his intelligence is limited, his time is limited, and his arrogance is unlimited.
3. We do not wage war as the world does. The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. Our weapons have Divine Power to demolish strongholds.
4. Satan is overcome by the Blood of the Lord Jesus Christ.
5. Kindness is the greatest weapon in kingdom warfare. It is the major weapon of God in leading people to repentance.
6. The Word of God is our offensive weapon, “. . . the sword of the Spirit.”
7. Unity in the battle is essential. Unity is composed of two components: 1) greatest loyalty is to the supreme commander of all units, and 2) great love for all those who are under the supreme commander.